Friday, June 18, 2010

no boys allowed.

i'm blogging from a quaint little inn in Seaside Oregon with husband asleep next to me. its almost 1:30 am, about 3 hours past my usual bed time. I usually dont make it past 10:30. however an upset stomach and a terrifying episode of dateline has left me wide awake. i figure i might as well update the blog.

with elise home from england and katie about to embark on a mega-adventure in Los Angeles/Kansas city us four girls, and elijah made our way up to Midway last weekend for a much needed girls get-together. We spent a few hours at Tarahumara until Katie joined us and we headed up to Megan's family condo.


We sewed, and talked into the wee hours of the night. scary stories were exchanged, (yes we're adults)though they might have only been scary to me (in the dark that sweet little cemetery in the parking lot was a little too close for comfort)

the sewing: (elise could not be more excited for this picture. and i forgot to capture seamstress Katie in action before she left)
I forgot to take a picture of our semi-finished project. but i luvs it. I also spent my morning taking lots of pictures of this little guy. what a heartbreaker.


We also braved a visit to the charming cemetery in the parking lot. despite it's random location it was cute, and a lot less scary in the daylight.

Thanks for the fun over-nighter girlies! it was fun being roomies again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heck-dateline?!! That shows always scares the BEJEEBIES out of me! I cannot sleep for hours after watching those-I'm pretty much not allowed to anymore because I get so scared!! I watch one of those and I am CONVINCED that it is going to happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun to have a such a fun group of girl friends. seattle eh. i hope the hear what you are doing there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh emily! i am so happy that you two love birds are having a little getaway! and i cant wait to sew with you again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, send me any more cute ones of Eli or the weekend that you have! I'm so glad you brought your camera! P.S. I'm free almost any time, let me know when you are free to finish our project.

    ReplyDelete