Friday, March 18, 2011

happy baby

when I was pregnant I had every intention of reading as many books as I could about parenting, babies, etc..  but as I got more pregnant, I tended to fill my time with sleep, instead of reading. I did manage to read two books though and one has proven to be quite a gem.

the%20happiest%20baby%20on%20the%20block

This book teaches how to handle a crying/colicky baby and while the book got a little repetitive the skills and techniques we learned have been a lifesaver in the rytting house. despite the fact that Henry is an extremely mellow baby he does still tend to have his tantrums.  when he does happen to be throwing a fit, we simply use some of the steps from the book and he quickly (like we’re talking seconds) goes from red faced and screaming uncontrollably to a peaceful, content baby. its seriously amazing, especially when these tantrums come at 3:30 in the morning. so im so grateful that I just so happened to read this book, because it’s definitely been a blessing. right now I’m reading a book on setting up a sleep schedule for the babe, hopefully it is just as helpful.

our babe is 5 weeks old today. he’s starting to stay awake for longer periods of time which is so so fun. we love seeing him alert and so curious.

DSC_1090

DSC_1102

DSC_1120

DSC_1124

we’re also keeping track of byu in the tournament. excited to watch the game against gonzaga tomorrow. its been fun watching byu do so well this season, and fun to attend a few of their home games.

DSC_0817

DSC_0824

DSC_0825

mckay took these pictures at the byu v sdsu game. probably one of the most exciting sports event we’ve been to. hopefully they do well this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is to die for CUTE! I hope we will be able to meet him soon. Possibly Saturday? You'll also have to let me in on some of these awesome tips you read about. I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute :) It's weird to think that if he came on time he would have just been born. (LOVE Mumford and Sons!)

    ReplyDelete