Wednesday, May 25, 2011

rainy days

I have to admit, I have love love loved the weather in utah lately. I know most wouldn’t agree, and don’t get me wrong I love the sun too, but rainy days are probably my favorite.  they’re cozy. and the rain makes everything so fresh and green and I just happen to think our little utah county looks  so beauteeful right now.

our rainy days have been filled with lots of relaxing in our sweats. we have been staying current with the playoffs,

DSC_1722 

and reading some dr. seuss,

DSC_1731

as much as we like the rain though, its time for a little sun. I have a little one who absolutely loves being outside and it has been wonderful getting out and enjoying the nice weather the last few days.

I have to share a photo mckay took of the birds nest near our front porch.

DSC_1733

it’s basically like a planet earth episode right in front of us : ). we’re pretty excited to see those pretty blue eggs hatch.

exciting news of the week: chris got his mission call today. orsono, chile. it looks like an amazing area and we are all so excited for him.

DSC_1744

in other news. saturday we are leaving for what has been called the last big family vacation since chris will be leaving (oct. 12), mairin will be moving to new york in august, and who knows where we will be. we are spending some time in Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, both places neither of us have been before. we are pretty pumped. mckay and no work for two weeks = heaven, and I am delighted I’ll get to spend so much time with both of my boys.

DSC_1761

love them.

4 comments:

  1. I still think that sunshine is better than rain, but I guess if you are staying home and enjoying family time in your sweats then rain is okay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will fall in love with both, and so will your camera :) Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Henry is getting big! I am coming to visit you....soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun your vacation sounds wonderful! You are the cutest mom ever reading that storybook!!

    ReplyDelete