Saturday, August 20, 2011

misc. and a new trick

after henry’s blessing the rytting group headed up to the cabin to spend a few days together. we read, relaxed, talked, played hand and foot (me and mckay were destroyed) took a pretty drive and explored a little. it was a fun little trip though too short in my opinion. mckay was experimenting with the cameras and snapped a couple fun photos:

DSC_2299

DSC_2296

love those stars.

DSC_2306

DSC_2315

on wednesday we helped mckay get ready for the boys kayaking trip in canyonlands. which means hen and I have been spending some quality time with nana jacobs.

DSC_2318

on a sidenote: (and since we’re still in that phase where  we think everything our child does is the cutest and worth documenting.)

DSC_2337

DSC_2336

the babe has found his feet. so funny.

1 comment:

  1. Emily! I just got caught up on your blog. I've been kind of out of it for a while, but it was so fun to read and catch up on your life :) I'm sad you guys won't be able to leave and try a new place for grad school, but there are SO MANY pluses for staying at BYU! Like you said, number one is being with family. And if you still live at your family's house then number two-you will save so much money! I love the book reviews, I'm always on the look out for new books. Henry is so cute, I loved his "first bite" pictures. My kids don't like bottles-or food-either. Eli is turning three next week and all he wants to live on is milk and juice still-crazy kid. And charles is 10 months and still prefers milk over solids. So don't worry if it takes him a while to like it! They'll get there some day. I am so so so excited to see you guys at Christmas (I hope you'll be around!) We'll be in Alpine. I'm so excited to come home, I hope you me and Elise can get together!

    ReplyDelete