Friday, June 17, 2011

Lake Tahoe

Our 2 week long vacation ended with one last day in Lake Tahoe and thankfully the weather let us enjoy the place. We were finally able to see the lake and all its prettiness.

DSC_2066

DSC_2067

DSC_2079

of course food has to be mentioned. we had lunch at the Burger Lounge where we enjoyed tasty burgers, 3 types of fries (cheese, pesto, garlic) and chocolate malts. definitely no calorie counting on this trip.

{WHAT WE READ} with all the driving, stormy weather and napping baby, a lot of books were read. I didn’t read much while I was pregnant and since having Henry have only read a couple parenting books, so I was grateful for the chance to read for fun.

  • Born To Run- Mckay read this and loved it. It taught him a lot about the body and running, and he in turn taught me some of the things he read. It’s about the incredible Tarahumara runners in Mexico and it sounds so interesting. (I am reading this next.)
  • The Help- I finally followed the crowd and read this book. I got it as a Christmas present and finally had a chance to start it. I’m so glad I did! I couldn’t put it down. It was such a good story, definitely one I will read again.
  • Sarah’s Key- I grabbed this at Costco before our trip. This book was interesting and well written but it was so heartbreaking.
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- I grabbed this book on sale at Borders when we were in Carson City. This was probably my favorite. The format of the book is a collection of letters back and forth between the characters. I fell in love with the people in the book and even though it’s set a year after WWII there was a lot of humor in it. I definitely recommend this book.

Since I’ve been done with school I feel like my brain’s gotten a little lazy…so I have loved getting back into reading. I have a few books on my list to read next but if anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of the potato peel society, I need to check that one and along with the help...I totally follow the crowd, I love to know which books are the best! Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved The Help and Potato Peel Pie - two of my favorites also. I've decided reading is a mom's getaway since real ones happen so few and far between. Pass on more recommendations. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete