Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick craft for sir henry’s room

 

I’m slowly finishing some projects for Henry’s room. Awhile ago I made a fabric mobile to hang over his crib and we finally got around to hanging it up this week. This project was so quick and easy, I did it during naptimes.

DSC_0012

Sorry for bad lighting, this is as good as it gets in a room with no windows :(

While choosing toys and decorations for henry’s room I knew I wanted lots of bright color and varying patterns and this mobile has both. another perk to this project was that it was super cheap. Supplies: embroidery hoop (about $1 at hobby lobby) paint (already had), fabric (I used fabric scraps I already owned) ribbon (hobby lobby), fusible webbing, and fishing wire to hang it. so I don’t think this project cost more than $5. wonderful. if only all projects could be so cheap and easy, then I might actually finish a few… 

DSC_0015

I was worried Henry would hate it. He loves his old mobile, a plush car musical, rotating thing we got as a gift. but I cut the cars off so he got some new toys, and the one I made is always swirling a little so I’m hoping he likes it. so far he hasn’t told me otherwise.

DSC_0020

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! I want to make one, even though I don't have a baby

    ReplyDelete