Wednesday, November 30, 2011

our thanksgiving

living so close to both of our families means we often get to celebrate holidays with both sides of the family and the celebration extends over multiple days, something we are so grateful. Thanksgiving day was spent with the Ryttings. Mairin was home from New York so we were all together, something we didn’t think was going to happen this year, since injured Chris should have been in Chile and we were supposed to be in Grad School out of state. So being all together this year was a pleasant surprise. We went for a little fallish walk, watched Greenbay continue to be undefeated and ate some seriously delicious food.

DSC_3008

DSC_3016

DSC_3010

The Friday after Thanksgiving, like every year, we went and picked out our Christmas Tree. It was so fun to start celebrating the Henry’s first Christmas season.

DSC_3045

DSC_3050

DSC_3059

Thanksgiving round two took place at the Jacobs home, where I was too lazy to take any pictures. this also included yummy food including one of our newer favorites: upside down caramel pecan apple pie. sounds complicated but it couldn’t be more simple. even I can make it and I am no baker. we had a great time with family once again and if I could just toot my own horn for a second, I did happen to beat the boys at Settlers. twice. in a row. (I got lucky.) it was such a pleasant break, it’s always such a treat to spend time with mckay. so many things to be grateful for. our wonderful, supportive families, friends, the gospel and the knowledge of eternal families, our health, and our sweet little babe who is the biggest joy. I could go on forever. we are incredibly blessed and I’m grateful for this time of year to reflect on all our blessings. I should really do it more often. we hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, looking forward to Christmas and all its fun!

1 comment:

  1. CUTEST FAMILY EVER.

    (I am talking about you guys and not myself)

    Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete