Wednesday, November 2, 2011

we carved pumpkins

DSC_2860

or I guess I should say Mckay carved a pumpkin, whilst the babe supervised.

DSC_2864

DSC_2863

I, for the second year in a row gave up after about 20 minutes. One day I’ll actually complete one. But a fussy babe, picture taking and the roasting of the pumpkin seeds kept me too occupied. The carving got a little competitive this year when we learned there were prizes. Had I known the winner would get a gift card to CafĂ© Rio I probably would have tried a little harder, although I did benefit from Mckay’s second place prize. also a gift card. I on the other hand was cheated out of my last place prize (apple pie caramel apple) when brother Adam ate it.  the night was complete with delicious steak sandwiches and corn chowder and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

DSC_2877

Mckay replicated the mom tattoo, pure brown-nosing skills at their finest (my mom was the judge).

DSC_2876

Monday we continued the Halloween celebration with some epic chili courtesy of Mrs. Klappoth, Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (thank you Paula Deen) and my first Zombie movie ever. ew.  I love celebrating a holiday over an entire weekend. Next up, Thanksgiving which means a visit from auntie Mairin. hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment