Wednesday, March 28, 2012

messy baby

today has been a good day. Henry decided to sleep in until after 8, a sweet surprise which meant I got to lay in bed and read a little before our day began. After a tasty acai bowl breakfast we were off on a morning jog, which can be accurately interpreted to mean walk/jog. but the morning was so pretty, and surprisingly devoid of the student masses that take over the sidewalks everyday. play time with Henry, and then lunch. I decided to let him try and feed himself today:

DSC_3783

DSC_3785

one bath and a clean kitchen later I have a sleeping baby, I’m actually ready for the day (before 4pm, a first for this week : ) and I’m trying to find the motivation to actually go to the grocery store and make a real meal tonight. We’ll see how it goes. I’m just in the middle of a really good book (The Alchemist), really wanting to enjoy this pretty day, wanting to enjoy my sweet babe. so much more fun than cooking.

looking through pictures on my camera i found these:

DSC_3778

DSC_3780

what a mess-maker. his latest favorite thing is pulling things out of baskets, drawers, recycling bin, closets, shelves….anything. I swear I’m cleaning up after him all day long. it’s fun to see him so curious but it seriously makes me wonder how those super creative, busy blog moms with a personal business and 5 kids manage to do it and not have a total disaster of a house. after walks, cooking, cleaning, playing, exercising, statistics (yes I’m finally taking the last class of my undergraduate!), laundry (I loathe), I am just about out of time for the day. If anyone knows the secret I would love to hear it! Also, Mckay and I are heading to New York in a few weeks! sans baby. We haven’t been on a trip just us two in almost 3 years, so we’re pumped. Planning what we’re going to do is exciting. Once I get over the separation anxiety I’m sure I’ll have fun : )

No comments:

Post a Comment