Monday, April 9, 2012

a haircut and a holiday

 last weekend we finally did it, we got up the nerve to cut Henry’s hair. I couldn’t cut it myself, one I was too scared, two, it was so uneven and unruly that I didn’t even know where to start. So we had my sweet hairdresser do it.

here’s a before:

DSC_3828DSC_3830

pretty wild. everything went pretty smoothly at first. Mckay sort of had him distracted for the first few minutes. but once the clippers came out this happened:

DSC_3839

DSC_3841

DSC_3843

kind of sad. but the trauma didn’t last long. and he was rewarded with his first ever delightful taste of sucker.

DSC_3847

and the end result, I love. I can’t get over how handsome he looks. it does make me a little sad, he doesn’t look like a baby anymore.

DSC_3848

and his haircut was just in time for Easter! Am I a bad mother that I didn’t do an Easter egg hunt for Henry? I mean he’s only 14 months old and can’t even walk yet. oh well. I didn’t go too crazy with his basket, just a few books and eggs filled with bunny grahams and goldfish, things we may have already had around the house…but everything’s more fun in a colorful plastic egg right?

Henry took his Easter morning pretty seriously.

DSC_3851DSC_3852

DSC_3853DSC_3858

of course everything had to be tested by mouth first.

DSC_3860 

DSC_3861

My boys looked so handsome in their church clothes.

DSC_3865DSC_3868

                   DSC_3872

After Church and a wonderful Easter Sunday nap we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Rytting’s for a big family feast. It was so fun to see and catch up with lots of the cousins. What a good day spent with family and remembering the sacrifice and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is truly one of my favorite holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Haircuts are still traumatic in our family, we give suckers afterwards but there's always tears from everybody (except Nathan haha) He looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete