Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Food for Thought

I am taking a little break from the current and crushing stress of a group project for my senior seminar to write a little post and relish in the fact that we are almost completely moved out!!! I say almost because there is a little bit left to be done, but...we have never been closer. I'm sitting here in the library reflecting back on the last two weeks and all its craziness and just thinking about how weird life is...it's weird to me that we can be so settled in our lovely apartment, then pick up everything we own and move, and within a short time so much is different, but life still continues, and then really I guess, a lot is still the same. Like Mckay's mustache, still the same. still there. maybe a little worse than last week but still there. I thought I would let it last through March, you know, "Mustache March", something I'm sure Mckay made up himself. But with April 1st just around the corner I'm not so sure I want to see it go, maybe I find his ugly mustache calming, and endearing, a source of stability in the midst of all this chaos. wow I'm tired. What a day. Can you tell I've been at the library for the last 3 hours?
ANYWAYS...on to the real reason I'm writing this post...this packing/moving/cleaning process has spanned the last two weeks and we have found ourselves back and forth between Provo and Orem almost daily. I'm not sure really why but dishes and silverware were one of the first things to get packed so we've often found ourselves in Provo, starving and with no way of eating. I cannot even guess how many Betos sausage breakfast burritos we have consumed but let me tell you its been A.LOT. Nothing like a burrito the size of your forearm and a pepsi to fill you up. We also took the opportunity to try a couple of restaurants in downtown Provo we haven't been to yet. 2 really. Diego's Taco Shop and Sammy's. so here's our review:

Diegos: (45 West 300 North)
Tasty. They have refried black beans, which we had never sampled, or knew existed, but felt good eating them, cuz somehow we feel refried black beans are healthier than normal refried beans. I got a Chile Relleno, which had raisins and olives in it, I never expected that but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I'm picky about my enchilada sauce, like really picky, and theirs made me happy. Mckay had some burrito with green sauce, which was also delicious. The inside of the restaurant was fun, there's a whole wall of flat screen tv's so we got to witness the horrors of dog fighting courtesy of Animal Planet, something I wouldnt want to watch ever, let alone while eating Mexican. Besides that fact we really enjoyed it!

Sammy's: (27 North 100 West)
oh boy did I love this place. Not only was it a perfect warm sunny day but the food was really good! I admit me and Mr. Rytting do enjoy a good burger and this place did not dissappoint. I cant remember what burger we got, but the main thing is they had sweet potato fries. Those did us in. And they have shakes, lots and lots of shakes, we were too full to try one but they have "pie shakes", we will definitely be going back for one of those. They even have HAPPY HOUR, where shakes are half off. Not a bad idea.

**photo's courtesy of the iphone.

We love finding and trying new places to eat, and it was fun trying one's so close to our home. We're always on the lookout for some place new to try so if anyone has recommendations please fill us in :)

1 comment:

  1. We haven't tried this place yet but there's a fast food mexican restaurant in SLC called Chipotle, but it's not your typical fast food. They buy their produce from farmer's markets and they get their meat free from antibiodics, like free range grass fed meat. And more than half of their ingredients are organic, they make everything so fresh!! They don't have anything from frozen, it's all straight from the farm. We are excited to try it out

    ReplyDelete