Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On tHe MoVE

OUR life is in a current state of TRANSITION. or so Mckay calls it. I call it chaos. The Rytting's have moved, or are moving.... was moving earlier today, not so much right this second. I'm tired. Saturday we started the move out of our sweet and much beloved apartment in Provo where we have spent the last 2 years and have moved up to North Orem to live with Mckay's family. At this exact second our material lives are spread between Provo, our storage unit, and our new home. Like I said, Chaos. There was a time I couldn't find my deoderant... Anyways we don't have to be moved out until the 4th of April and with work and school we knew we would have to space it out over a couple of days, maybe weeks but wow would I love for this to be over already! There's nothing like moving to realize how much crap two people can accumulate. I think we've filled at least 6 bags designated for the DI.


So why the sudden move? There's a mountain of reasons most of which involve $$$.

Reason 1:

Ol' reliable Debbie is not so reliable anymore. Despite her pretty looks our sweet car has been a serious financial troublemaker. I've stopped looking at her as our getaway car for so many fun trips and now see her as a bottomless black pit that we keep throwing money into. We have spent literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars over the last few years trying to maintain her, so needless to say we need a new car. Now money that was spent on rent will go towards a new car.

Reason #2: School. We are finally seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel that is the Chemical Engineering Degree. This major is so intense poor husband hardly has anytime to work, now he has to worry about publishing and research on top of school work and later this summer he will be applying to grad schools. So now there's less financial stress and we can start saving for grad school..... being an adult is hard sometimes.

So thats whats new in Ryttingland. We are so grateful to be able to stay with family, its going to help out so much. Hopefully it lasts....we moved in with Mckay's family the first year we were married and I only lasted 2 1/2 months, I just love having our own little place to take care of.

Other than the move the only new bit of news is Mckay's mustache, which I really should get a picture of. That too might not last. I'm tempted to shave it off while he sleeps...

3 comments:

  1. hahaha Andrew had a mustache for about 5 min... I made him shave it off.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of moving and growing up. We are moving to North Orem too! Please, please, PLEASE can we get together after graduation and play?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me just sympathize with you and let you know how much I HATE moving! There's something about my stuff being all unorganized and spread out in several locations that just stresses me out beyond belief! So hang in there and give Debbie a hug goodbye for me....so many memories!

    ReplyDelete