Saturday, May 15, 2010

in the mean time

Last weekend Mckay and Janson took a little trip down to St. George. They spent the weekend climbing and bouldering in the nice hot weather, and hanging out at the pool.








The boys had a blast! Hopefully us girls will get to go next time!
While Mckay was gone I got to do some girly stuff. I spent my weekend sewing lots and lots of these:



that eventually turned into this:


I started sewing my first quilt! With only a bedroom and an office there's not much to do in the decorating department, and since we don't have kids to craft for I haven't been doing much in the crafting department lately. I ambitiously decided to do a quilt for our bed. I realized pretty quick though, that I should start out with something a little easier, so I settled on a smaller quilt and I'm really liking how it's turning out! and I'm having tons of fun doing it! I figure once I get the hang of it I'll move on to a bigger quilt for us. I fell in love with quilting though and went back and bought a little too much fabric for some more projects.



and remember that Quiet Book I started all those months ago? I'm happy to say I'm finally on letter G. (I hadn't worked on it for awhile.) So the Garden page is almost done. I have high hopes for getting to Z by the time I'm 30, only time will tell.



All the climbing and crafting has been a wonderful vacation from the more stressful things going on lately and we welcomed the break :) we're definitely loving the free time that comes with the end of school.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness can you teach me how to start making a quilt when i get back? where on earth did you find all that sweet fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your quilt!! I've done simple, let me say that again SIMPLE quilts, like big squares sewn together and that's it. But yours looks fancy and awesome! (and p.s. that's sad Mckay shaved that mustache haha looks too good with the jersey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks amazing! You did such a good job. Love it.

    ReplyDelete