Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Ride and an Addiction

It's been said before that we were experiencing MAJOR headaches with our beloved car debbie. Let me be more specific, in the last two years we have replaced: transmission, timing belt, battery (twice), 4 tires, front and back break pads, turbo carbon intake and most recently the alternator, those are just the major replacements. When she basically died on us on the freeway I vowed through my nervous breakdown that I would NEVER drive her again. Recently, through many miracles we were able to acquire this little lovely:





We were so lucky to find it when we did and for such a good deal. Everything worked out perfectly and we are so grateful to have a safe and reliable car. The car is used, but the past owner took such good care of it and everything is in such good condition. We are hoping this car will last us for years and years. I do feel a little guilty giving up on our sweet little debbie but the time has come.

In other news, Im officially o.b.s.e.s.s.e.d. with quilting. It's literally taking over my life. I've had some self control this week, so far, but last week I started this second quilt, a more girly one. I love the bright springy colors. This quilt came together so fast, I cant wait to finish it.




4 comments:

  1. What a sweet car and your quilt is so unbelievably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new obesession, think of what we want to quilt in midway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily I know you have all the time in the world :) so I was wondering if you could email me a little info on how to make this quilt! So cute! You are amazing! By the way, how's the quiet book coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog! i absolutely LOVE your quilt. I'm so impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete