Tuesday, October 4, 2011

quiet book progress

I’m slowly getting closer to finishing the quiet book I started two years ago…I tend to work in it like crazy for a few days and then get sick of it and take a break for a few days/months. I’m making progress though, thanks to henry being a phenomenal napper so as of right now I have three pages in the works plus six new pages to do. that sounds like a lot, but it’s a lot closer than where I was a month ago.

I finished these pages a few months ago:

DSC_2597DSC_2598

I- for Ice cream. nothing fancy here, just a variety of scoops to customize an ice cream cone. I like to have each page target some sort of learning skill but it’s not always easy to come up with one, so this one could help with decision making I guess.

DSC_2594DSC_2595

L is for “Lift Off”. I had to get creative for some of the pages just so I could do the ones I wanted. I couldn’t decide whether to do rocket or robot for R, hence the “lift off” page. The rocket slides from the earth to the moon on a thin ribbon.

These pages I’ve done in the last few weeks:

DSC_2596

Q- “Quack” The ducks are velcro-ed on. pair the babies with the mom.

DSC_2593

S- Shapes. I embroidered around each shape to create an outline onto the page, match the shape to its outline.

DSC_2586DSC_2587

P- for Potato Head. the top of the body is velcro-ed to the page and holds the extra pieces. this helps with learning the names of body parts

DSC_2591DSC_2592

X- is for X-ray. another body parts page. again, all the pieces are attached using velcro.

DSC_2589DSC_2590

U- Under the Sea. a few years ago I saw this template for ocean felt magnets on purlbee and was obsessed and that’s what I used to make this page. the fish are just attached to the page and since everything is so colorful I guess it can help with learning colors.

the Z,T and J pages are almost finished, so hopefully I can move on from those soon.

6 comments:

  1. Okay stop stop stop!! Can I please buy this from you?!? It is better than anything I can muster. Name your price and I'm the buyer. Henry will be quiet playing with the money I pay you! You can teach him about inflation, taxes, the stock market, all with the funds.

    Joking and extremely serious all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens. this. is. so. cute. I am dying. I am seriously BLOWN AWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! found you by googling mr potato head quiet book. i am in a group right now and we are making one page for 10 people! i really like your potato head. where did you get the template. i like yours the best by far! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the xray page! Do you happen to have a pattern page at all? I've been struggling to find an "X" pqge thats also interactive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the template for the skeleton on BHG last year and it should still be up this year in their Halloween crafts

      Delete
  5. Hi! Love these pages. I'm working on my son's quiet book now. I'd love to know where you found the template for the Mr. Potato head that you used. Thanks! Kristin

    ReplyDelete