Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mr. Pan

As of the beginning of the week I had all but given up on finding Henry a costume I liked. I was pretty sure I wanted him to be Peter Pan but wasn’t willing to spend 30+ dollars on an outfit he would wear for a day, plus I wasn’t obsessed with any that I saw online. Tuesday I found the most perfect Peter outfit on makeit-loveit.com, a site I used to frequent all the time but hadn’t been on in awhile. I remembered she always made the cutest costumes for her kids and was so happy when I saw her tutorial for the Peter Pan outfit. it looked so simple, even for me. I got the supplies Wednesday (poor Mckay had to experience the line to cut fabric at Joannes, which is always insane) and had plans to make the costume on Thursday, talk about last minute... It took the majority of the day but I have to say I love it, mostly because of the little man that’s wearing it. Those of you that are experienced sewers please be kind… :) this was my first time sewing any sort of clothing and my sewing skills are limited at best. but, thanks to the tremendous help of my mom it all came together. Not bad for less than 11 dollars.
DSC_2807 
DSC_2809
DSC_2820
DSC_2823
DSC_2827
DSC_2828
DSC_2842
thanks to husband for indulging me in a little impromptu photo shoot. Hope everyone is enjoying their Halloween weekend! This has just got to be the best time of year, love love it!

1 comment: