Sunday, September 20, 2009

lately we've been eating LOTS and LOTS of......

SaLsA! I have made three batches of this salsa in the last two weeks. big batches, and we can't seem to get enough. Mckay is pretty picky about his salsa, so I've never really dared make it but I finally took advantage of my coworkers vegetable bounty and made some homemade salsa, and we haven't been able to stop eating it. The wonderful thing about this salsa is you can totally customize it to they way you like it. I thought I would post about this since we've been gourging ourselves on this yumminess all week long and we thought we would share :)

8 medium tomatoes, or about 12 roma tomatoes
1 salsa pepper, or jalepeno pepper, (you can do more or less depending on how spicy you want it, we use 1 whole pepper but I take out about half the seeds so it's about medium hotness)
1/2-1 med-large white onion (we use 1/2 or so)
1/2-1 green bell pepper
handful of cilantro
salt, pepper to taste
few drops of tabasco-completely optional
1 clove garlic - (I ve used 1 to 1 1/2)
juice of one lime

so thats it, pretty simple, its up here for anyone to enjoy :) every time I make it its a little different, this is basically impossible to mess up. And depending on how chunky you want it just chop the veggies till the size that you like, Mckay likes his saucy so we throw everything chopped into the blender and hit puree! but you could leave it chunky and it would probably be just as delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good and healthy! Thanks for the recipe, I love new recipes!

    ReplyDelete