Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hi it's me McKay

So...I'm not really a regular on here, but I got on the other day and noticed that the ESPN widgets were messed up and the music playlist was old and dry. I updated the widgets and got them working again (you're welcome) and took off some of the old music. I started putting music on, and then Emily flipped and said that she wanted to be involved and that everything had to be approved by her, which meant that like two of the songs I had chosen got through. I just did what she said because it's easier than dealing with pregnancy hormones. We did realize we needed to update the music with stuff that we're actually enjoying and listening to these days. We weeded through my picks pretty quickly and added some of hers (at least one of which I despise, I just want you to know) and we'll work on rounding out a full-fledged playlist for you guys.

In other news, I got a new phone! I've been jonesing for an Android phone for about a year now, and I've been looking for one to buy since my iPhone broke in April. I finally settled on the HTC G2. I didn't love the idea of a physical keyboard but I did love everything else about the phone. So I ordered it two weeks ago and got it on the 4th. I've been using it for over a week and a half now and I love it. I'm not obsessed with the physical keyboard still, but it's not as annoying as I thought it would be. I am obsessed with the Swype virtual keyboard. It, along with Google Voice Actions, have changed my life. It has increased my laziness to another level entirely. I haven't dialed a phone number or looked up a contact since I got the phone. I just say "call Lysa Rytting mobile" and it calls my mom. Or I say "navigate to Chipotle" and a few seconds later an enchanting female voice (we're trying to decide what to call her) gives me directions to the nearest burrito heaven. I can say "SMS Calendar. Meeting with Brian on Thursday at 5" and it will automagically add a meeting with Brian on Thursday at 5 to my Google Calendar. For anyone who's considering a smartphone, I'm going to say you have to go the Android route. There is just no comparison between what an Android phone can do and what you can do with any other smartphone. When I do cool stuff with my phone, maybe I'll post it here. Or maybe not, because I'm guessing most of the people that read this couldn't care less about my total nerdiness. Here's a picture of my phone, since we haven't really done pictures lately.



Also, I'm not as fat as I look in some of those pictures. I swear.

2 comments:

  1. I care about your nerdiness!! :) Andrew and I are actually looking into getting new phones.. so you don't recommend the iphone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just depends. The iPhone integrates better with iTunes and has more good games, but other than that most new Android phones will be better than the iPhone. A lot of it depends on your carrier. Who are you with?

    ReplyDelete