Tuesday, October 5, 2010

long time, no blog.



I hate that I'm doing another post without pictures. boring. I have to admit pictures are my favorite part about reading other peoples blogs. So I understand if any of you want to skip this post, I just get this guilt when I don't post for a long time, like I'm abandoning our sweet blog or something, so I guess this post is to ease my conscience. Here are some Rytting updates, all which contribute to the lack of pictures.


{1}Life's been pretty quiet in the Rytting household the past few weeks. School is definitely back in session and Mckay has been completely engulfed by it. He is busy busy. With work, school, tutoring, etc., so we haven't had much time to go out. We did have a hot date to Costco last week. Nothing says romance like greasy jumbo slice of pizza and a churro :) but really, I'm grateful for any time I can get with my man. And Costco seriously thrills me. Senior year of school also means the GRE for Mckay. He took this test in September and I have to toot husbands horn a little and say he did a great job! I am so proud of him and all his hard work. with the GRE out of the way we are one step closer to Grad School, something that is on our minds a lot. I love thinking about where we might be living this time next year. We are so excited to move somewhere new for awhile. we're up for a little adventure. The hard part is narrowing down the schools to apply to, we tend to be somewhat indecisive humans. we have a list that's just a little too long. We would seriously have to sell a kidney to pay for all the application fees.
Whats on our list? :

MIT
Berkeley
Stanford
Princeton
Michigan
USC
Penn State
Wisconsin
John Hopkins
UW-Seattle!
UC Davis
Rochester
Cornell
Ohio State
Purdue
Oregon State


16 schools. about 6 too many. So we still have some narrowing down to do. anyone have suggestions? I'm not really sure where I'd like to go most, I think I'll be happy wherever we get in, and happy for a new experience :)


{2}baby. i must say baby likes making me feel sick-y. since we dont know what baby is yet I can't really start making things or sewing anything and it's driving me crazy! I'm dying to dig into my stash of fabric I've been saving up and start making some goodies! I'm still not feeling too great, dont have much of an appetite. I haven't really had cravings, except a one time trip to krispy kreme. so. good. I definitely havent been able to eat meat, or chicken. yuck. my meals tend to be filled with fruit, veggies, salads, soups, bread, cereal. not because I'm being trying to be ambitiously healthy, thats just what sounds good. I should be pregnant all the time because it's definitely made me eat healthier :) I haven't been able to cook really, unless you count warming up food in the microwave. poor mckay. I did attempt to make eggs one time, which brought on the throw up simply because the egg whites looked like boogers. I'm also super cool, and am usually asleep by 10. oh alright, 8. I am grateful that I've still felt okay enough to work, but I'm looking forward to feeling a lot better! hopefully sooner rather than later.


We had our 17 week appointment today and baby is a kicker! We got to hear our baby kick and it was amazing, and I cant wait to start feeling those kicks. I jokingly asked the dr. if it sounded like a girl heartbeat or a boy heartbeat and he said it sounded like a calm baby girl or a really active baby boy. that doesnt get me anywhere. but we did set our ultrasound appointment for the first week of November and I am counting down the days :) as for the bump, it kind of appeared out of nowhere a couple weeks ago, so now i look a little more pregnant rather than just chubby. but, husband feels a little weird about posting pictures of just the growing belly. thus, another reason this post is pictureless. So when we finally do something that's photo worthy and blog worthy, I'll be able to post some picture proof of our growing babe.


Other than that, love the rain this week, love the sweater weather (I finally gots me some maternity clothes) and thinking of the upcoming holidays. life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Please...growing bellies are the best things to post pictures of! Especially of you in your cute new maternity clothes :) I can't WAIT to hear about your ultrasound! And by the way we applied to Purdue as well and got an interview but just didn't feel right about it so we canceled...I think that was the only school they had in common. But you will do great in deciding! Start researching the programs and I think you'll get some insight as to where might be a good fit for you and what schools just don't feel right. And seriously-I hope you feel better soon, first trimester sickness is the WORST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I are feeling really great about Berkeley, Stanford, Davis, and maybe Oregon... but mostly just the first three :) When do you start applying and hear back?! Oh this is so fun! Tell McKay he needs to get over this belly picture weirdness - it's tradition! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your share! I think this information is helpful for everyone. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete