Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Well Hello October!

October is definitely one of my favorite months. We’ve kind of had a lazy/fun October this year. Here are some highlights, sorry, this might be a long one…

We have taken advantage of our nearby canyons and changing leaves and gone on a couple  of drives. These pictures are from earlier in the month. Me and Mckay decided to grab some tasty Mexican at Tarahumara and then head up the Alpine Loop with Cascade Springs being the ultimate destination. Apparently every other Utah County resident had the same idea that day. It was so crowded we decided to skip it and kept driving till we hit a “rough and narrow road”. Understatement of a lifetime. The views were amazing, but they don’t capture the sheer terror that came later in this spontaneous off-roading. It started out like this:

DSC_0450

and we crossed a couple of these which was pretty cool, not to mention beautiful.

DSC_0456

DSC_0549

After these pretty delights things started getting a little treacherous. The road got really rocky, narrow and STEEP.  One side of the road just dropped straight down hundreds of feet. I seriously feared for our lives. I didn’t get pictures of this part, my hands were too busy clutching on to the arm rests. I was slightly traumatized. It was funny later, after I realized we had made it out alive. Silly Mckay, he went back later in the month and drove the road again.  With the dog in the passenger seat instead of me this time.

Highlight two of the month was a busy day for us. We got to play with both families. We went to the BYU game with my family and witnessed one of their few wins this season, it was  so fun to have Chris and JJ down, I wish I had pictures. Earlier in the day we went up to South Fork to take some Rytting family pictures! After an hour or so of awkward posing (the pictures actually turned out amazing) we took these gems…

IMG_20101009_121214

poor Dad Rytting had just been to the eye doctor.

IMG_20101009_120846

IMG_20101009_120938

IMG_20101009_115727

so funny. This was also the first time I had seen my pregnant self on camera. It was shocking.

This is my family’s dog Toby. He’s unbelievably irritating but ohhhhh so cute.  We were house sitting/ dog sitting for my parents one weekend and decided to take this little man up to Silver Lake. We were all three of us completely worn out after this outing.

DSC_0505

Pretty views

DSC_0507

Play Date with the Ducks

DSC_0523

This is what happens when fishermen leave without saying goodbye.

DSC_0529

DSC_0538

DSC_0548

We think he enjoyed himself.

1 comment:

  1. oh. this took me back. utah is SO beautiful! you will miss the seasons if you move to the pacific northwest!

    ReplyDelete